Monday, August 11, 2008

Cheesy Tuna Casserole


This is a slightly modified recipe of the one my mom used to make when I was a kid. Actually, mom made it so much that at one time during my childhood I didn't think I'd ever want it again..lol..but I did. Now it is a favorite for my own family. One thing my family will tell you is that you simply must have this with peas, not mixed in, but on the side. And they must not be just any peas. They must be Le Sueur very young early peas:
Cheesy Tuna Casserole




  • 1 box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese


  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup


  • 1 can tuna (the kind packed in water), drained


  • 1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)


  • 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions. Drain and put back in pan. Mix in well, cheese packet from mac & cheese, mushroom soup, drained tuna and sour cream. Pour into greased 8" x 8" cooking dish and sprinkle cheese over top. Bake in 350 degree oven about 20-25 minutes or until cheese on top is well melted. Serve with Le Sueur peas.

1 comment:

Cheffie-Mom said...

What a great recipe! It is easy to make, perfect for a back to school meal. I'm Debbie, a fellow foodie. I'd love for you to stop by my blog. Check out some of my recipes!